Monday, September 24, 2007

Finally! Progress!

Check out the word meter in the sidebar!

I did most of that at the soccer field, some distracted by practice, some in the complete dark by real touchtyping. Love my Alphasmart Neo.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After I posted on Saturday, the whole family went to see The Game Plan. It looked like one of those typical movies with exaggerated humor that kids love and parents wish didn't exist. But I like The Rock and I love football.

Guess what? It was one of those typical movies with exaggerated humor that kids love etc. But after a wobbly start, and despite the predictability of the story progression, it was really good! Well acted, touching, funny, with an amazingly great ballet in the middle of it. And I don't like ballet. I fall asleep at the recital every year when the ballet pieces come on. This one was dramatic and beautiful, it told a story, and the response by the main character's teammates was perfect.

Okay, I admit, the parallels to the New England Patriots tickled me. The Boston Rebels were heading to the playoffs against their biggest rivals--they played Denver and Indianapolis before playing New York in the championship game. And that's very funny, since it was New York who ratted them out a couple of weeks ago and became our all-time nemesis.

Anyway, it's a good family movie or a decent rental if you like sports/kids/feel-good movies.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of football...The Patriots scored 38 points again. That's the third week in a row, except this time the Bills only scored 7, whereas the first two opponents scored 14. Forget going 16-0! Let's go for 38 points every single week! LOL

There are only five undefeated teams left in the NFL: The Pats, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, and Pittsburgh Steelers. We play all of them except Green Bay. Gonna be an interesting season.

The attention is, rightfully so, on Randy Moss. A talented yet troubled receiver in the past, he made waves with his ego in Minnesota and even bigger ones in Oakland. Taking what they call a $6 million pay cut (is it really a cut if no one else is gonna pay you?), he has shown up and blown up in New England. I don't know if I've ever seen softer hands on this team.

But honestly? My favorite receiver is Wes Welker. Moss is grace and speed. Welker is an acrobat, snatching the ball out of the air, stepping backward in what appears to be perfect choreography to make tacklers miss--oh, yeah, and tossing ill-advised backward laterals that nevertheless set up four-yard touchdown runs. He may be the most exciting player on the field.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, enough football talk. May I refer you once again to the most excellent word count tracker on the left? I have to do about 10 pages a day for this week and next and then I should be done with the draft. I can't wait! Then I'll have October to revise, and I want to start my next book for NaNoWriMo. It was so much fun last year, I'm eager to do it again. I just need to figure out what powers my hero and heroine have...

1 comment:

Trish Milburn said...

Congrats on your progress!

I thought of you and Mary tonight while watching Reaper. They kept doing promos for the Supernatural season premiere. Can't wait!