Okay, that's an exaggeration. I did spend last evening, and a previous Tuesday evening, tortured with MK propaganda as a trade-off for a free eye makeup training seminar. Our consultant is one of my coworkers at my day job, and she's cool. We were with cool people. And we got free eyelash curlers. Which I have never in my life used. But that's beside the point. I bought the skin care products and totally fell in love with Satin Hands. What I didn't fall in love with was the "sell sell sell buy buy buy!" agenda at the big event, but hey. Like I said. Tradeoff.
Want some news? Here's what's going on.
1. Kira's Best Friend is going Greek! I just signed a licensing agreement with Anubis Publications to translate KBF into Greek for sale in Greece and Cyprus. Isn't that cool?! I think it will be out in April, and I'll post the cover and stuff when I get it. At worst, I'll take a picture of my author copies. The rest of the Brook Hollow trilogy should follow.
2. My April 16 release, Acceptable Risks, has a cover! I'm not going to show it yet. I'm going to reveal it on February 7th at Everybody Needs a Little Romance. Then I'll follow up with a poll about the elements of the very cool cover. Participants will have a chance to win prizes via the poll and my newsletter. Then we'll see how close everyone came when I post the story blurb.
3. Hero Wars on Twitter! Look up the hashtag #herowars for teasers of Entangled Publishing's heroes. I have THREE to throw into the competition. Admittedly, said competition is stiff. (heh heh I said stiff) But I think these guys can handle themselves:
Name — Nick Jarrett, Under the Moon
Build — Big, muscular, intimidating
Height — 6' 2"
Weight — 180ish
Strengths — Protective, watchful, smart
Weaknesses — Likes things done his way
Leading Lady — Quinn Caldwell, top-level goddess
Favorites — beer, his '69 Charger, and his guns
Occupation — Goddess Protector
Name — Sam Remington, Heavy Metal
Build — Kind of lanky, but broad-shouldered and strong
Height — 6' 4"
Weight — 180ish
Strengths — Great with research and organizing/managing things
Weaknesses — Women in need
Leading Lady — Riley Kordek, young goddess who never knew she was one
Favorites — Nothing at the moment, he's floundering a bit
Occupation — Former bar manager and goddess assistant, former protector
Name — Finn Samargo, Sunroper
Build — Lean, pampered
Height — 6'
Weight — 170ish
Strengths — Rich, loyal, focused on his goals
Weaknesses — Rich, and way too focused on HIS goals
Leading Lady — Marley Canton, leeched goddess turned null
Favorites — the small of a woman's back, expensive champagne, and silk sheets
Occupation — Business manager for one of his father's companies, on leave
Katee Robert and Laura Kaye posted their hero stats. Watch Twitter or keep an eye on Entangled in Romance for stats on other heroes.
4. The Patriots are in the Super Bowl! I went on a mini-retreat a couple of weeks ago with some other authors, and the Patriots were playing in the division playoff game against the Broncos while we were there. It was a blast teaching Misty Simon about first and ten and safeties and stuff. :) She impressed her dad while they watched the AFC championship last weekend. So I'm a little scared about the game next weekend. And less then thrilled about the rematch. I mean, yeah, redemption would be nice. (Or atonement, as my brother called it.) But I just didn't want to spend two weeks hearing about Super Bowl XLVII. Should be a great game, regardless!
5. Is All Romance eBooks your preferred retailer? I just learned they're selling Brianna's Navy Seal and Cat's Claw over there now. Check it out!