Monday, November 19, 2012

News and More News!

So things have been (still, despite my best intentions) very quiet around here. We had some good guest blog posts (check them out below) with more to come. But *I* haven't had very much to say, have I?

But it's not like I haven't been up to anything! There's so much neeeewwwwwsssss!

1. Trip to Boston
Part of the reason for no new posts is travel and the pressure that puts on your work schedule. I took Number One to Boston for a couple of college visits. Very successful trip! On the way home, we stopped at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. Partly because I can't go to eastern Massachusetts without stopping. Partly because she's never been. So we peeked through the gate and shopped in the pro shop and ate in CBS Scene. Of course, the Patriots were in London, so there was no chance of a glimpse of anyone. *sigh*

2. New Website
I have been in dire need of a new website for a long time. What I had was clean and could be navigated without too much confusion, but it was also dull and had become cumbersome over the years. I had to change my hosting to a WordPress-friendly product, which took down my old site, so I've had to rebuild fairly quickly. I'm taking a class while I do it, and I keep finding myself tweaking links and HTML and CSS and looking up an hour later. See what you think!

3. The Soul Series
I've also started self-publishing the "series of my heart." Many of you have heard the term "book of your heart." That's something they tell new authors to write. Not to write to trends, or what you think you should, but the book that's residing deep in your heart. All of my books have been that, but Soul of the Dragon was my first one. There were problems that kept it from being acquired by a publisher. I've revised it over the years to address some of those, but some of the things that keep it from fitting a rigid definition of romance are still there. I hope that doesn't keep people from liking it, but I'd love to hear from anyone who gives it a try. The second book in the series, Soulflight, I hope to have out in a couple of weeks, with the other two books to follow on an undetermined schedule.


4. EPIC's eBook Awards
I was very excited to find out that Acceptable Risks, my most recent romantic adventure from Carina Press, was a finalist in the 2013 EPIC eBook awards. I have stiff competition in the romantic suspense category, and can't wait to see who wins. Check out the full list of finalists here. The winners will be announced in March 2013, at EPICon.



So that's it for now! Tell me what you've been up to, help me catch up!

Speaking of catching up, in a couple of days I'll post my long-overdue thoughts on the new fall TV season. :)

4 comments:

Ava Quinn said...

What about all your book signings? You HAVE been extremely busy! I'm glad I got to see you Saturday.

I've been in the excessively busy range too. Hopefully I start managing my time more efficiently soon.

See you next month!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Those too, but they're old news, and I didn't have much to say about them. :) But I should have thanked all the people who came out, at least!

I don't know if effective time management can be accomplished with small kids in the house.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm making a trip to Boston tomorrow to pick my daughter up for Thanksgiving. We won't be stopping in Foxboro, LOL.
Good luck with the self pub and the epics awards

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Aw, that won't be a very exciting trip, then, Sue. LOL

Have a safe one, though. I hope the traffic isn't horrible.

Thanks!