Summer seems so much shorter now than it used to be, because my kids, unlike when I was in school, start the week before Labor Day, instead of the Wednesday after. One of my kids has already started soccer practices, and next week we have to have a reading assessment for my first-grader, and do school shopping and stuff.
I was oh-so-ready for this summer, after a late spring jam-packed with stress. But I’m looking forward to this fall, too, even more than usual.
What Fall means to me in 2005:
1. Football season, watched at home every week, every game, with our new satellite dish and NFL Sunday Ticket purchased for this sole purpose.
2. Gorgeous days of perfect temperatures and still plenty of daylight.
3. After a summer of truly mediocre or worse films, an influx of really good ones (well, we can hope):
Cameron Crowe’s Elizabethtown, starring Orlando Bloom
Everything is Illuminated with Elijah Wood
An apparently funny film, Waiting, with my new heartthrob Ryan Reynolds
The really big one, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
4. DVDs! Kingdom of Heaven, which I think was much better than anything I’ve seen since. Also Crash, Fever Pitch, and Mindhunters (which might not be a good movie, but it has Christian Slater in it). Even bigger: Season One of LOST and Season Four of ALIAS on DVD, with all those yummy extras.
5. The return of LOST!
6. The return of ALIAS!
7. The start of KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL!
I adore LOST, the entire cast, the mysteries, the drama, the humor, the hunks…and I can’t wait to get some answers. But even more, I want to know, who the hell is Michael Vaughn???? And I missed Bradley Cooper, Will on Alias, very much last season, so I’m all about his new comedy.
So, what do YOU like about Fall?