Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Aggravations

I had a mild migraine last night. I'm very grateful it was mild, of course, but the symptoms I did have are worse than the actual pain: vibrating lightning bolt obscuring my vision, head feeling like it's made out of lead crystal (heavy and hard), neck corded with the cables from the Golden Gate Bridge, and general malaise that lasts 24 hours.

THEN I was getting ready for bed, and my contact slipped out of the cleaning clip thingy into the sink. Of course, I always stopper the drain because I have hard contacts that bounce and are very small. Also of course, the stopper lifted on its own just after the contact fell, and bye bye contact.

This morning, in the shower, my brain started to formulate a couple of really awesome query letter paragraphs for Hummingbird. Ten minutes later, when I was dry enough to use the Alphasmart, they'd rearranged themselves into junk.

I had a plan for this afternoon, and determination to get everything on my to-do list done. Necessary errands and a little unexpected chauffeuring got in the way, so I only did half, and now I'm too wiped to do the rest. One of which was the 2010 year in review I told you I'd do.

I'm definitely ready to say goodbye to this decade.

5 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

But you sounded so smooth and clever on your interview on my blog today.
I get a rare migraine now and then. I usually don't the the full-blown headache, just the aura where I feel like if I move too fast my head will fall off and I'll throw up. Hope you're feeling better.

Ava Quinn said...

hope your feeling better!
M3

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL Sue. Just goes to show what a good faker I am.

I am feeling better, thank you. I think the aura is the worst part of a classic migraine, though. Well, okay, maybe it ties with the pain at its worst...

Cindy Procter-King said...

The migrained sounds awful, but the contact lens story made me LOL. I have a "lost the diamond from my engagement ring and found it the next morning in the cat's water dish" story. This reminded me of that.

Feel better, Natalie!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yeah, except my contact didn't come back!

I have a diamond-anniversary-band-disappeared-from-my-hand-and-turned-up-the-next-day-in-my-kid's-slipper story. :)