That's not really amazing. I'm a fast reader. People used to get disgusted playing Jeopardy! with me on the Sega because I read the questions so much faster than the rest of them. (I know. Sega. Dates me a bit. Imagine if I admitted we had an Atari and a Colecovision when I was a
But what is amazing is all the other stuff I did during the day:
- Proofed six marketing pieces
- Critiqued a 59-page short story
- Did an administrative job for a client
- Completed three loads of laundry
- Folded and put away two loads of towels
- Edited 2 chapters of Fight or Flight
- Wrote 3+ pages of The Light of Redemption
- Attended a one-hour chat at TKA
- Took Number Two and one of her teammates to soccer practice
- Read a 31-page contest entry and completed the score sheet
- Various and sundry household things, like cleaning the litter box, feeding the animals, cooking and eating lunch and dinner
- Exchanging IMs and e-mails with colleagues
I've had busier days, I'm sure you all have, and I'm not really bragging, despite my high sense of accomplishment. What really amazes me is that a day like this can happen, yet rarely does. Usually, if I spend any time in IM or not ignoring my e-mail, I get far less done. My editing and administrative work always takes priority over the writing, and tends to derail me. Even if I make use of down time like soccer practice (which I did yesterday), it's still less productivity than I would have had in the same time frame without being at practice.
So what is it? Is it that Mercury going direct freed something? Is it that I got more disciplined and focused? Is it a weird space-time thing that makes it stretch at the whim of a higher power?
Who knows? Or cares. I'm just going to aim for the same thing today. Here's my list:
- Finish administrative project, phase 1
- Take Number Two to the orthodontist and go to the library, comic book store, and grocery store
- Edit three chapters in Fight or Flight
- Work on my Romance Wiki
- Write some new pages on The Light of Redemption
- Judge another contest entry
And may you all have amazing days!