Saturday, March 05, 2011

Remissness

Thanks to everyone who joined us (to read or to comment!) on the first week of The Month of the Hero! I'll be doing the drawing for the $25 Amazon gift certificate tomorrow. Next week we'll be talking about heroes driven by loyalty, patriotism, and the inescapable need to do the right thing.

In the meantime, I've kind of lost track of some recent awesome book releases. I might have tweeted or shared on Facebook, but not here. So let me unremiss my remissness!

First up is Prime Time by Vicky Burkholder. Several years ago, I judged a really taut, awesome opening chapter in a contest. I gave it a high score, and I think it finaled. I signed my name to the judging sheet, so the author contacted me, and lo and behold, I knew her! I was proud when this excellent book sold the first time, and now that Vicky got the rights back, an updated version has been published with Captiva Press.










Next up is another republished book, Passion Model by Megan Hart. An intense, erotic futuristic released this month by Samhain Publishing.










While you're at Samhain, pick up One Thousand Kisses by Jody Wallace. Though this is the second Fey Realm book, it stands alone. I haven't read it yet (it's in my TBR pile!), but I can't stop staring at the cover. Most gorgeous one I've seen in a while! Plus, it has a redeemed "villain," and I love those.







Another "book 2" that just came out is Beyond the Gate, the second book in Sue Gourley's Futhark Chronicles. Demons and sorcerers and a fight to save the world...lots of heart-pounding action in this fantasy.

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You are the most incredible, awesome friend ever.
Thanks for the mention.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL! Thanks, and you're very welcome! :)