1. The reunion kiss in Brokeback Mountain
More powerful emotion, I’ve rarely seen
2. X’s eyeblink when Dakota climbs on his lap in Devour
His vulnerability and confusion make my heart ache
3. "Get away from her, you bitch!!" in Aliens
Mother’s battle cry
4. Wesley and Inigo’s sword fight in Princess Bride
Cleverness and honor, with stunts
5. Trinity’s admission and Neo’s rise in The Matrix
Symbolic of the global truth, that love is at the root of everything worth fighting for
6. The exchange of swords, blood, and coin in Pirates of the Caribbean
I was pretty confused about the whole curse thing the first time I saw the movie, so the significance of this escaped me--except the beats of action and music were spot on
7. The Black Knight in The Holy Grail
One of the funniest sequences ever
8. Young Forrest running down the lane, his braces coming off, in Forrest Gump
Who hasn’t felt the need for that kind of freedom at some point in their lives?
9. Okay, I ran out of time and moments and if I don't post this now, I won't make Thursday. So...sorry! Feel free to add five more in the comments!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants