Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Prison Break

Okay, I admit it. I loved season one. Season two did not live up to season one, though it had plenty of moments. What it lost in tension and tight writing it made up for in characterization and chemistry. Mahone and Scofield were excellent adversaries. The plot skated the edge of the ridiculous without falling off. I was less enamored of the other prisoner subplots this time around. Sarah and Michael and Michael and Lincoln were the cornerstone for me, and where they fell short in emotion, I made up for them in my head.

Mostly, though, I wanted a positive resolution to this season and then be done. I am tired of networks dragging out shows that should be short-term, milking them for stuff they haven't got. I knew I wouldn't get it, because I knew they were already renewed for season three. And I'd heard the rumor that they were going to be back in prison. Yaawwwnnn

But I just watched the season finale. As finales go, I've seen more tense, less predictable, more shocking cliffhangers But I don't know if I've ever seen a better setup for a third season.

Lincoln exonerated/free? Check. Sarah free? Excellent. But...but...but...

Whole new consipiracy mystery? Whoa.

Michael and Alex in the same prison? Hell, yeah! Bring it on! \o/

2 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

I'm really looking forward to season 3 too. Despite what he's done, I've always kind of been rooting for Mahone. Though I'm still not over him killing Tweener.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Me, too. But the writers have given him such convoluted motivation it's hard not to root for him and against him at the same time. :)

They even had me rooting for Kellerman. I had to remind myself about all the stuff he's done. LOL