Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Wild Wednesday

Discerning readers will notice I have a new blog template. Whatcha think?

In updating my Gadgets (see to the right), I found that Blogger has a whole bunch of new things. I added a few. It would be cool if you became a Follower, if you are a Blogger user--that will make me look cool, as opposed to foolish, as I do now, with ZERO followers. You can do it anonymously.

I know the Supernatural Gadget doesn't fit on the sidebar, but LOOK! New promo!

Scroll down a little and you can see not only the blogs on my list, but when they were updated (I'd point out that Misty Simon is on the bottom of the list, but she won't read this to notice I'm picking on her, so never mind) and even what kind of blog it is (or the blog's special icon, for Sophisticated Bloggers).

I was looking at my sitemeter stats and found that while my search strings aren't as fun as Shannon Stacey's are, they can amuse. Apparently, most people who find me randomly are searching for TV spoilers. Unfortunately for them, it's the shows I don't talk about that often. I also had "boys don't realize" and "secret sneaker liar" near the top of the list. The former took them to this post, the latter to a post that briefly mentioned the store by that name.

Mary tagged me with this meme.

Rules:
I am going to list three categories of books: 5 MUST Read Books, 5 Books on Your Nightstand, and 5 Look For These Soon. Anyone I tag should put these same lists on their blog but SUBTRACT one book from each list and ADD one of their own. (I've highlighted my additions) Then they should tag at least 5 more bloggers. It will be fun to see how the lists change as it goes around the blogosphere. Please come back to this post and leave a comment so I can see how the lists are changing as they go around the blogosphere!

(Since this is Book Buzz…please keep your lists to titles released in 2007-2009.)

5 MUST Read Books:
Not Without Her Family by Beth Andrews
A Mile in My Flip-Flops by Melody Carlson
Cast in Stone by Kerry A. Jones
Yellow Moon by Jewell Parker Rhodes
Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day by Toni McGee Causey

5 Books on the Nightstand:
Last Dance at the Jitterbug Lounge by Pamela Morsi
Nightswimming by Rebecca James
Pleasure by Eric Jerome Dickey
From Harvey River by Lorna Goodison
The Queen's Bastard by CE Murphy

5 Look For These Soon:
Wanted by Shelley Shephard Gray
After the Fire: A True Story of Friendship and Survival by Robin Gaby Fisher
Midnight: A Gangster Love Story by Sister Souljah
A Firefighter in the Family by Trish Milburn
Stranger by Megan Hart

I tag anyone who wants to do it.

Oh, shoot. My day is almost over! Number Two will be here in 20 minutes and I haven't eaten lunch yet. :(

8 comments:

Victoria said...

I like it!!
And yay for the Supernatural promo!
2 weeks!!

Tracy Madison said...

OMG, you scared me, lol. I clicked on my bookmark for your blog and all this new stuff popped up and it startled me.

Yes. I startle easily. So what? :)

I love it though!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks, V and T! Sorry for startling you, T. LOL

Anonymous said...

Great new blog template Natalie! Really spiffy! I like it!
Mandy

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks, Mandy! It kinda felt like my desk. Even though I don't have much green in my office. And I get whipped cream on my latte, not foam (and it's usually tea or in a take-out cup, anyway). And I don't have pictures of sailing ships. I DO have half a dozen unfilled journals because I tend not to write in them. I don't like writing longhand. :)

Louisa Edwards said...

Supernatural rules. Jensen Ackles is lickable and Jared Padalecki is the cutest giant shaggy puppy in the world.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL, Louisa! I JUST THIS MINUTE posted on MaryF's blog that you have to watch Supernatural. Never mind! LOL

And truer words were never spoken about the Js. :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL, Louisa! I JUST THIS MINUTE posted on MaryF's blog that you have to watch Supernatural. Never mind! LOL

And truer words were never spoken about the Js. :)