Monday, September 29, 2008

Yeah, All Problems Should Be So Huge

Our "new" DVR box in the family room was rattling up a storm, so when I called DirecTV last week to deactivate the extra access card, I mentioned it. The rep ordered me a "new" box, and I got it hooked up today. Luckily, tonight's shows appear in the guide, even though tomorrow's (and beyond) don't. Monday is our heaviest DVR night: Chuck, Prison Break, How I Met Your Mother, 2.5 Men, Terminator, and Heroes (and My Own Worst Enemy later this month).

We only fit everything because, as previously mentioned, I moved the TiVo box up to the bedroom when I got the new DVR box. (I don't know if I said...the problem with having to reset the TiVo all the time because it loses contact with the satellite is definitely a problem with the box itself, because we have to do it upstairs now, too. It's less of an issue up there, though). And thank goodness we did that (moved the TiVo), or I'd no longer have my first two episodes of Supernatural to watch over and over between now and next year's DVD release. Yes, I recorded it both places. Big deal.

Anyway, next week and the week after and at least one more time after that, we have a problem. Either the Patriots or the Browns are on Monday Night Football, which means we have to skip recording a couple of shows.

I know. World ending, huh? I'm ashamed to even call it a "problem."

But it does serve a purpose. Whenever I have these itty-bitty things to complain about, it illustrates how good my life is. This isn't the only problem I have to worry about, but hey--if I have energy to fret over TV, the other things can't be all that bad, either.

So, hey, remember my novella, Renegade? It got a review! A very nice one, at that, so thank you, Abi! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.










While you're checking out Renegade, don't forget my latest novella, Letting Go. Zack is the template for all young men--I beseech mothers to raise their boys to be like him! Since I have two daughters who will be seeking his like in the way-not-far-enough-distant future. :)

September is almost over--I'd love to make the bestseller list!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congatulations on the nice review! Great covers, too.

Ava Quinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ava Quinn said...

Yay! Really nice review!

I will not comment on any BTSN stuff other than to say it was the most dreaded day of my school year.

(Sorry for the deleted one before. It was the above, but got lost in cyberspace)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Number One's history teacher said she didn't think about it from our perspective until she had kids in school, many years into her career, and sat there as a parent thinking "I like this one, I don't like this one." Then she realized we were doing it to her! So she turned off the lights. LOL