Monday, June 11, 2007

Changing Attitude

I started a whiny post about how stupid it was to come to the pool so soon after last week's bombardment when I hate shrill, screaming crowds and I also hate being splashed. And I couldn't write today. And I got the orthodontist bill. Blech.

But I decided I didn't want a whiny post. At least, not a whole one.

"Renegade" is playing over the pool's loudspeakers now. How can I be whiny when the best song used to best effect in Supernatural is on?

When I get home I (hopefully) have a copywriting project to do. I thought I'd have it done this morning, but I didn't have everything I needed. Then we have to have dinner, and if I'm disciplined, I'll read through my WIP to be ready to start writing new tomorrow.

But I don't think I'll be able to read through the whole thing at once this evening, and even if I could...well, I'm not feeling very disciplined, either. Oh, and I have to go to the grocery store. Dammit.

And thus summer begins. There is always an obstacle. The kids needing to be fed, or driven somewhere. The house being unclean. Laundry and dishes piling up faster and dirtier than during the school year. And even finding time to write, but not being prepared to. (Like, I could be working on the book right now, instead of typing this blog post at the pool, but I can't see my laptop well enough in this bright light and I can't do revision on the Neo.)

Okay, that's the problem set-up. Now the solution:

Work harder.

Concentrate.

Sacrifice.

Stop whining.

Solved.

No comments: