Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #16



Thirteen Things I Do When I Should Be Writing


1. Watch YouTube videos of Jared Padalecki bringing sexy back.

2. Add up the bills I don't have to pay for a week to see how much "discretionary" money we'll have and consider what we can buy with it.

3. Read blogs, which includes checking my LJ friends list even though I just checked it ten minutes ago.

4. Wait for my computer to stop taking a break (yes, my brand new computer that I bought because the old one took so many breaks).

5. Pet the cat who just knocked my mouse to the floor so she could lie on the pretty carpet-style mouse pad.

6. Lift weights--can't stay flabby, it's not good for my health!

7. Install software updates that inevitably come to my attention just as I am opening my manuscript.

8. Engage in intelligent, passionate debates via instant message about developments in the field of romance writing and its adjunct affiliations.

9. Play with spreadsheets, especially the one with my new book ideas on it.

10. Read "Style Watch" in the People magazine on my desk, even though it's the most boring section in the whole publication.

11. Check my Netflix queue in case it suddenly decided to reorder itself.

12. Do laundry. That one's not a procrastination technique, it's a necessity, and an annoyance. It interrupts the flow, on the rare times I get the flow flowing.

13. Write Thursday Thirteen blog posts about what I do when I'm supposed to be writing.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

MJFredrick said...

We are entirely too much alike! Except for the lifting weights thing ;)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL

I didn't use to do it at all. I'm in a little better habit now.

Anonymous said...

8. Engage in intelligent, passionate debates via instant message about developments in the field of romance writing and its adjunct affiliations.

I do that, too. Although "OMG, she is SUCH a b---h" is often the extent of my intelligent, passionate observations.

And that's funny about Style Watch. I wouldn't read that section either if I wasn't desperately avoiding writing. :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Heeee! Those words have come out of my fingers on more than one occasion! LOL