Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Creepy

This week is going to be a tough one for me. Concentration is 95% elsewhere. I have a wedding to attend 8 hours away and tons of planning I haven't yet done. Plus a dozen everyday concerns. I apologize in advance (and after the fact, since it's been days... "Bastard's not gonna get days!"...ahem...sorry, Firefly flashback.) for not posting often enough here.

Sunday morning my husband and I woke up, and he cuddled me before we got up and told me he'd just had a horrible nightmare. The kids had died while we were away somewhere, and the gods had granted us a gift--we could see them for one more day, to say goodbye.

Horrible, horrible thing to dream about. But that's not the creepy part.

Guess what was on the cover of Parade, the magazine supplement in our Sunday newspaper?

If You Could Spend One Day With Someone Who's Gone, Who Would it Be? What Would You Do?


Yeah. Creepy.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

That is CREEPY!!!
Hate, hate, hate those dreams!!

Karmela said...

Wow. Powerful, scary-assed dream. As for my answer to the Parade mag question: definitely my folks. I'd show them my book, watch them as they sat on my deck to read it, serve them food and then say goodbye one last time.

::sniff::

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Dammit, Karm, you had to go and make me all teary...

Trish Milburn said...

Okay, weird. You know, I'm afraid to voice those kinds of dreams. I'm not superstitious, but it creeps me out.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I understand, Trish. So many people have prophetic dreams, it can be scary to give voice to anything like this.

Luckily, neither of us ever have prophetic dreams. :)