Monday, November 13, 2006

Damn Cats

My dining room table is, in rare status, completely cleaned off. This morning I'd been using my laptop on the table, and when I packed it up, I left my wireless adapter there. Since I wasn't taking it with me to the cafe (the better to avoid distraction), I decided not to leave it on the table. It's a cat playground. They bat down whatever's up there, then bat it all over the house, until we can't find it when we're looking. So I moved it to the desk.

When I came home four hours later, I looked for it.

And looked, and looked, and looked. I didn't trust my memory, so I looked in EVERY POSSIBLE place it could be.

Until I found it. In a paper bag on the floor at the base of the desk.

Damn Cats.

5 comments:

MJFredrick said...

38 THOUSAND???? In 13 DAYS?? What are you doing???? Or not doing???

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Well, I don't have a day job. That has to be kept in mind.

Today I went to B&N and did 6083 words in three hours, which is the most I've done all month. That's twice as much as I usually do in double the time. I have to say, that lack of distraction is a BIG help.

There's also the fact that I'm trying to finish the entire book by 11/30, not just 50K for NaNo.

Finally, posts like "38 THOUSAND???? In 13 DAYS??" make me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

Justin said...

hehe what a cat!! but srry to say my cats are quite well behaved...and to find more you can check out this post on my feline family...I think u'll get some idea about my felines..hehe

MJFredrick said...

WOW. 6,000 words in 3 hours! 25 pages or something, huh? Are you loving the story?

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I am. I'm so, so, so loving it. I have two heroes and I know who she's ending up with but it's killing me that she's not going to be with the other one.