Sunday, January 28, 2007

I Wish I Could Write Like My Husband Dreams

My husband dreamed a Firefly episode this morning. I'm really jealous.

The dream contained Mal, Zoe, Inara, and Jayne. They'd been hired to retrieve a girl for a rich man (daughter, wife, girlfriend, he didn't specify). The girl was stripping in a club on some planet. (My husband IS a guy, you know.)

So they go to the club and discuss whether to go in guns blazing, or infiltrate. It's'a big place, lots of people, so they'll infiltrate. Inara procures some "uniforms" for them and they go in. As they enter, she takes off her top and says, "I forgot to tell you, it's topless."

Zoe freezes. Jayne shrugs, takes off his top, goes into the main room, and freezes. Bare breasts everywhere. Zoe finds a tray and manages to look like a waitress or whatever. Jayne's still frozen. Mal's just trying to get the job done.

They find the girl and start to leave, struggling with the still-frozen (and presumably slack-jawed) Jayne. But...

The way they select the next person to "dance" is by spotlight. Now, you'd think he'd dream that Inara or Zoe got selected, but no. The spotlight lands on Jayne. The others push him on stage and he goes up, manages to stiffly strip to his shorts and boots, does a little white-guy-no-rhythm dance. The audience cheers. Jayne does a "huh" kind of thing and gets into it more. They start giving him money. The song is over, the others motion for him to get off the stage, and he waves them off and keeps dancing!

They go back to the ship and play cards for hours. When Jayne finally shows up he's grinning and clutching fistfuls of money.

I would LOVE that episode!

Hell, I'd love any episode. But for a brief moment, the show came alive again, if only in my head.

2 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

OMG! That's hysterical. And I can just see it.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Wouldn't it be great?!