Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #20



Thirteen Things I'm proud of this week


1. My First Guest Blogger

Don't forget, tomorrow my first guest blogger, Trish Milburn, will be talking about "Getting Writing Inspiration from TV and Movies," one of my favorite topics. She's a finalist in the American Title contest going on right now, so don't forget to go over and check it out.

2. Mary's Sale

I haven't mentioned this yet, I don't think, and that's not being a very good friend. Besides the fact that I've mentioned MaryF on this blog several times (she's the one who always tags me *g*), she has been poised for this moment for a very long time, and is one of the most deserving writers I know. Besides her very discriminating taste in things like Supernatural and music. Anyway...she sold her first book! *raucous cheers*

3. Filing

I caught up on Sunday/Monday on about three months worth of filing; it was nearly a foot high. But what's more remarkable than that is that my filing spot on my desk is still completely empty. Yes, I have filed every day this week. I know it's not much, but hey, it's longer than I've ever gone before.

4. Soccer bags

I was feeling guilty because I coordinated ordering soccer bags for Number Two's team, and we just got them this week, and there are only three games left in the season. There are several reasons outside of my control why it took five weeks to get them from the day I started coordinating, but I still felt guilty. But they are in and distributed and very, very nice and all the kids are thrilled and the parents pleased and no one at all was annoyed that it took so long.

5. Brochures

The brochures I made for today's author event came out very nice, even if they didn't stand out next to postcards of this.

6. My husband

A more fun, steadfast, willing, supportive, easy-going, responsible, loving, hard-working, tolerant man doesn't exist.

7. My kids

I've said enough on here to explain why.

8. Unanimous 5.0 ratings on Elance

It's nice to be appreciated for the things you feel are your strengths.

9. My MySpace

My blog readership on MySpace has gotten huge. At least, huge to me. :)

10. Supernatural

Well, not the show, of course, I have nothing to do with that. But I've successfully gotten to Thursday without having withdrawal symptoms, and I only watched last week's episode once. So far.

11. My weight

I'm below a certain psychologically significant number for the first time since I stopped nursing Number Two.

Yes, she's eight. And a half.

12. The New England Patriots

6-0 is a pretty darned good start. "They" say we haven't played anyone yet, but the teams we've played outside our division so far were playoff teams last year. "They" also say the NFL as a whole stinks. That may be, but the Patriots have still put together a damned good team, and it will take a lot to keep them from going all the way.

13. That I came up with 13 things I'm proud of, just so I could brag about the filing thing.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Natalie!!!!! And you're an AWESOME friend!!!!

Did you love Supernatural tonight????

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Aw, thanks, Mary. I'll try harder, though.

And I loved Supernatural so much I want to watch it again now and then again with my husband tonight (he was watching the baseball game, he's from Cleveland).

MJFredrick said...

LOL - I want to watch it again now, too, but I promised myself no TV while the sun's out this weekend ;)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

That's a good rule, Mary. :)