Monday, September 15, 2008

When Do I Ever Post Anything That's Not Randomness Anymore?

I can't seem to post on a single topic here anymore, even when I post more than once a week. Is that annoying?

While doing my post for The Gab Wagon today, I looked up all my Amazon rankings. Most of my paper titles are old, so their numbers are dismal (except Brianna's Navy SEAL, which was 658,733, which is higher than Megan Hart's Wish List and An Exaltation of Larks, and even her next book, Stranger! And yes, I measure myself against her All. The. Time. And usually come up wanting. :) ) Most of my Kindle titles haven't even achieved a ranking at all, but again, Brianna's Navy SEAL had an overall rank in the Kindle Store of 47,461. Since they advertise that Kindle has over 170,000 titles, that seems pretty good. I'm not complaining, anyway.

*Makes note to check ranking every day.*

Soccer season, the real one, is in full swing now. Both kids have played two games, both won both games, both are top of their divisions by either number of wins or goals scored/goals against. It's a nice feeling, especially for Number One, whose team has had varying levels of success but not this one. Number Two's team has yet to be tested, and we'll be up against a particular team (who beat us twice last fall) not once, not twice, but at least three times. We play them twice in the regular season and are bracketed with them in an October tournament. Should be interesting.

Football season, too, is in full swing. The Patriots are 2-0. They had a convincing win against the Jets yesterday. Matt Cassel looked good. Everyone can settle down now.

I have two really great things to look forward to this week. Tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with some friends. These are the ones I did the writing challenge with this summer. We're celebrating our hard work, discipline, and dedication. Someone's got to do it!

The other thing is, of course, the Supernatural premiere. There are two clips available online. One is, I think, the reunion scene, and I don't want to watch that one. I want to see it unfold. Even if I misunderstood what that clip is, I don't want to expose myself to too much. Anticipation is very high for this show, and if it's going to pay off, I want to give it the chance to.

However, I let a friend (damn you, Smith!) browbeat entice me into watching the second one, which showed the boys in their usual form. They were funny and gorgeous and belied implications by Kripke that their relationship is damaged. I can't wait until Thursday!

Number Two just got home. Must move on to the belongs-to-everyone-but-me part of my day now. :)

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Hey! I only strongly suggested you should watch it! I didn't come over to your house and force you!
It was beautiful though...I so can't wait!
:)
(and I'm not commenting on the other video) :)
Both videos only make me want it more!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Your influence knows no bounds!

Victoria said...

huh...I think that makes me feel pretty darned good! LOL :)

Vicky B said...

You know anything Smith says about Supernatural, you're going to look into. It's just a fact of life. But you also know the reverse is true too, so you can mess with her too. :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL, Smith!

I wish, Bicky. Smith isn't mess-with-able. I tell her about something, she gobbles it up. Doesn't even complain about it sucking up her time. *sigh*

Victoria said...

That's because Supernatural is necessary, so even if I spend all day watching videos, I don't feel like I've wasted my time! LOL
Two more days!! Squeeeee!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Good point! LOL