Monday, February 16, 2009

Quick Hit

Wow. I didn't realize it had been a whole week! Sorry about that. Dead air is stupid.

Check out my word meter for Under the Moon! After being stagnant for a really, really long time, it's finally moving. Notice (yeah, like you pay any attention at all to that) that the total number is about 4k larger than it was before. The first number didn't move for so long because I was struggling to get chapter one right. I finally did ("so, so, so much better" and wasn't that music to my ears!) so now things are progressing much more easily.

I did start a post on Friday, when my kids were off school. This is what I got:

I prefer yellow over any other highlighter color. No idea why I have 18 highlighters here in my pencil holders, none of them yellow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suck at DDRE. Actually, I'm brilliant, but only on the "beginner" setting. The kids and I were doing it today, and I did "Pump Up the Volume" (I think) on Light and nailed a "complicated" step, cheered, and promptly missed a couple of simple ones. Number Two says, "I think you got a little overexcited, Mom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, dull stuff. Again, sorry.

So, last week's goals. I got them about half done. Didn't exercise every day, didn't get as much of my own work done as I intended, but did get more critique done as well as the entire editing project, which included creating a bibliography (easy) and an index (God, don't let me have to do one of those again!).

This week is so far much quieter, so hopefully the progress bar will keep moving. I'd like to be done by the end of the month so we can get this puppy submitted!

How's your week look from here?

3 comments:

Ava Quinn said...

Wondered where you were. :)

Yay Under the Moon progress!

Yay Friday the 13th movie night!

Victoria said...

That's funny about the highlighters. I prefer yellow, too, but do you think I can actually find a yellow one?
My week? Ha!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yay!

Probably your kids steal them, V. :)