Monday, June 15, 2009

So It's Mondays

I seem to have fallen into a Monday blogging habit. Is this the only time I can get it in gear? Apparently. Monday is like the New Year's Day of the week. Or something.

~~~~~~~~~
I blogged at Supernatural Sisters today, a list of things that would be worse than bad Supernatural. I couldn't come up with much, so I added ways that Supernatural could be made irredeemably bad. Check it out and weigh in!

~~~~~~~~~
The Summer Plan so far is doing okay. Not perfect. Last week Number One and I worked out Monday-Wednesday, as planned, while Number Two was at her band lessons. But she wouldn't get out of bed today (she did her therapy and a bike ride afterward). Last week we managed to clean all the rooms, mostly on schedule. I skipped my office, which BADLY needs it, and pushed the kitchen to Friday. I also bribed the kids into cleaning out the litter boxes for extra allowance. \o/

BUT. *sigh* The "work" period of the day seems to fill up with junk, or stuff that's not junk, that needs to be done, but isn't "work." I got all my paid work done and have a little lull, but I'm trying to do a crit for a friend and things keep interfering. Like the migraine I got last night. I finally got around to starting to plan for vacation--we leave in 5 days--but not for Father's Day, because my bank just changed its name and therefore its website and will not let me in.

So have I written yet this summer?

That's a big NOPE.

Of course, at the moment, I have no reason to write, as I wait for various people to do various things. I have a bunch of books already written and in various stages, but no direction because I don't know what's going to happen next. As soon as one of six people gets back to me, I'll have a better idea, and will have a hard-core reason to structure my time in a particular way.

Right now, though, I must take my kids bowling, to assuage the guilt of leaving them alone two weekdays in a row while I combined doctor's appointments with errands.

Is your summer going according to plan?

5 comments:

vickyb said...

I'm supposed to have a "Plan"??? Sigh. Then no, I'd say it's not going as planned. But, technically, summer hasn't started yet so I guess I could still come up with one. :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL No, you don't HAVE to have a plan, especially if your day-to-day isn't any different from the non-summer schedule. :)

Cindy Procter-King said...

Well, you see, technically it's not summer until June 21st - so you still have time to straighten up!

I've begun my 3rd week of "between manuscripts." Was only supposed to last two weeks, but things, as they say, got away on me. In another couple of days, I should have everything under control and then I can begin brainstorming my next writing project. I fully intend to have a productive summer, because I'm not attending National. That gains me 3 weeks of writing time alone. When I attend National, I always seem to lose at least one week to prep and one week to recovery.

Ava Quinn said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine, those really really suck. Hard core suckage. Can you tell I type from experience?

My summer is shaping up the way I land mined it for myself. No time to write, much time to do things for others and not myself. *sigh* And I turn a year older and keep getting sadistic squiggly white hairs growing out of my head. Getting old sucks!

Hope your vacation plans turn out well!
M3

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

You're absolutely right, Cindy, but gah--it's not summer, but somehow it feels like the summer is almost over!

I love National and everything about it, but I hear you on the loss of time. Three weeks between projects isn't excessive. Good luck on the new book!

I'm lucky, Ava, that my migraines aren't as horrible as they are for some people. What sucks most is when it reaches the pain peak but I'm not tired, so I can't escape it.

As for your summer--I'd punish you, but you're punishing yourself! The white hairs are from stress, not age. :) You're not getting old! Because if you are, then I am, and I refuse to admit it.