Tuesday, June 22, 2010

NPH and Dryers

I dreamed this morning that Neil Patrick Harris was trying to sell me a dryer at Montgomery Ward.

It was really Neil Patrick Harris, too, not some appliance sales guy who looked like him. I was surprised, of course, I didn't think he'd need to have a job like that, but then, I wouldn't think Aldis Hodge needed a Taco Bell commercial, either.

Anyway. He was really sweet and helpful and eager to sell me the dryer I really wanted but then I found out it was $1300 and I can't afford that. So I never bought a dryer, but I did get to hang out with NPH outside the job because he was lonely and friendly and that's always my fantasy with celebrities I like--that we can hang out like friends. No, that we can BE friends.

Which was why the Salute to Supernatural last year was so awesome. I feel like a geeky fangirl all the time, but Richard Speight Jr. and Gabriel Tigerman did not treat us like that, they hung out with us and talked to us like we're interesting people. Gabe even came back to the table after being lured away by others. Twice!

We're just over two weeks away from this years convention. Can you believe I didn't have it on my calendar? I'm finally getting excited. Still annoyed that Jared and Jensen are going to every friggin' other convention in the world but can't come see us. But they've posted the schedule and it's enhanced over last year. Bigger and better dessert party, official star presence at the karaoke party, including Richard. I don't know if I'll try to talk to him this year. I can't think of anything to talk about except how he told us to watch Open Water 2 because we see Eric Dane's butt and we actually see a whole lot more of Richard's! Or at least his character's.

Megan is a lot better at the small talk than I am.

Anyway.

Part of last night's dream was the dryer, which is going out and I really want a new one before it dies, because being without one for even a little while will suck, but we're not going to buy a new one until we have to. The problem is, I'm sure, the belt, which is replaceable but not by us, and it seems ridiculous to pay a repair person a few hundred dollars to fix a dryer that's 12+ years old. A new dryer would save us electricity $ in the long run, too.

I had an annual exam today that I had to reschedule. I thought they'd give me a hard time, but for the first time EVER they didn't. So the rest of my day looks like this:

1. Shower
2. Client edits
3. WIP
4. Toy Story 3 with kids and Nana
5. Dinner in the food court
6. City Islanders soccer

Since my phone call to the doctor's office went the opposite as expected, I'm being full-on positive today. I will get the edits done, write more than I did yesterday (10 page) on my WIP, get a request for a full manuscript, and have NO STORMS anywhere near the soccer game.

What's your day look like?

4 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Hey, nice blog design! Haven't clicked through for awhile...

I've never been big on wanting to meet celebrities, or even know much about their lives. I'm fairly sure they're all "normal", and since I generally like them for their characters, I don't relish the thought of meeting the person lest it burst my fictional view of them, so to speak. Odd, I know.

Sounds like you've got a well-paced day - I hope it goes well for you. I'm working the day job, catching up on blog posts not written last weekend, and moving forward on three writing projects as time permits. Never a dull moment... :-)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Hi, Jamie! Good to see you!

I totally understand your feelings about meeting celebrities. I feel that way, or at least neutral, about most of them, myself. It's only the ones who've been involved in something I'm passionate about, like Supernatural, because that passion has often led me to see the actors behind the characters.

Though...I have to admit, I'm more interested in meeting some now that I actually have.

My well-paced day isn't pacing so well. LOL But I'm trying! You've got a full one, too! Good luck with it! :)

Ava Quinn said...

I'd definitely buy any appliance from NPH.

Too much going on to bore you with here.

Hope you get lots of wip time!
M3

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

ANY appliance?

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

Me, too.