Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Singing Praises

It has been one crappy week, and the worst may be yet to come. Hopefully not. Hopefully, in 2 hours and 20 minutes it will become magically awesome.

In the meantime, I'm compelled to sing the praises of some people who mightily deserve it.

There's a lot of bitching about the US Postal Service and the ongoing budget woes. But honestly, I think they do an amazing job for 45-freaking-cents. Number One lost her iPod recently and ordered a replacement online on Monday. It was expected to arrive on Friday, which bummed her out, but it ended up being delivered today. Since we ordered late Monday, figure it shipped yesterday, and took one day to arrive in central PA in perfect condition, all the way from Boca Raton, FL.

When the mail carrier came to the door to get my signature for the package, we chatted for a while. He's retired and works as a sub, but ends up doing two routes a day, five days a week many weeks. The USPS has cut staff and won't hire replacements, and of course the delivery people do all their own sorting, too. So thank you, USPS workers! You're awesome!

I've been aware of Etsy for a while, but I don't have much need for jewelry or fancy diaper covers, so I never really explored the marketplace and hadn't bought anything there. My awesome publicist, Roxanne Rhoads, suggested I do a search there for items for the Goddess Society gift basket I'm donating to the Brenda Novak Auction for the Cure of Diabetes. I knew they'd have good quality for great prices, but was skeptical that I'd find anything relevant without a lot of hard work with the search box.

But WOW was I wrong. I found three perfect items (a goddess pendant, full-moon earrings, and goddess sea salt and essential oil scrub) within minutes. Two have already arrived, and they were beautifully packaged with very nice notes. I'm so impressed with the earrings I might see if I can get another pair.

Your turn! Whose praises do you want to sing today?

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I have to sing the praises of the young people at our school who are working so hard to raise money for the Four Diamonds Fund. They've been working all year building up to their minithon at the end of the month. Teenagers rock!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

That's fantastic, Sue!