Thursday, September 01, 2005

Rhino Fable

Many of the Blogger blogs I’ve been frequenting have adapted the rather simple Word Verification tool to keep spam from hitting the blog. Someone commented on the coolness of her "word," and that made me look more closely at mine.

I just posted a comment, and my confirmation letters were rjnofabl. It reminds me of my husband’s favorite road game, coming up with words from license plate letters. You just say the first word it makes you think of, even if it doesn’t make complete sense.

Rhino Fable sounds like a cool title to me, though not for any book I’d write. Still, it makes me think this tool for avoiding annoyance and inconvenience can be so much more. Anyone who gets writer’s block can just hop around a whole bunch of blogs, checking out word verifications to stimulate their creativity.

Try it! You never know what might come out of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever watch that old game show, Bumper Stumpers or something like that? The show was based on vanity plates, and my mother and I loved it.

My Mustang has 67-PNY. Not very original, but we only get 6 characters on an antique initial plate up here.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I haven't seen that, but it sounds like something I'd have loved to watch!

Why PNY and not NEP? ;)