Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Random Wednesday

Our fridge was dying, so I bought a new one Monday. It was delivered today and looks pretty much like the old one. Except it's CLEAN. And I really like that. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just finished two books. One I started last week. I'd been eager to read it and was mildly disappointed. It had a really good ending, so that bumped it up a point, but overall it was pretty standard. I'm tired of standard romances. I'm also tired of men who sound like women. A spec ops officer should sound like one even in his head. Forget this "oh, how he wished" crap. The emotion is necessary. I want emotionally intense heroes. But they can express it in a manly way. (Ref. Sam and Dean Winchester, please, or Malcolm Reynolds)

The other book was by one of my favorite authors. I hate that she only publishes one book a year. I got the book at 1:00 yesterday afternoon, ignored the unfinished book I just described (I completed it today), and finished the new one at 11:00 p.m. It was soooo wonderful to read a truly excellent book. The interesting thing is...this one was pretty standard, too. No surprises in what happened. But the characters were so well done I just wanted to hang out with them forever. I wish I had this woman's skill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was at the club today, I caught part of a segment on CNN about how much time mothers spend with their kids and how guilty we feel about it. In 1965 mothers spent an average of 10 hours a week with their kids. Mothers now spend 14. I say we officially get off the guilt train. If you love your kids and are doing the best you can to raise them to be good people, that's all anyone can ask. It's a pretty sure bet that if you feel guilty, you likely don't have anything to feel guilty about. Bad mothers don't care that they are bad mothers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sick of the freakin' grocery store. I went last Thursday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and today. TWICE on Monday, in fact. My husband and Number Two spent two hours shopping on Saturday. Why on earth can't I remember and/or be aware of everything we need? Forgot to put mouse traps on the list on Saturday (we've caught 5 now, maybe 6, and still I hear skritching in my ceiling). Then we ran out of dog food (no one told me we were on the last can!). Today I needed ice for my groceries in the cooler waiting for the new fridge. I'm going insane. I dream about well-lit aisles and delivery service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow is Thursday. Despite the fact that you-know-what is on hiatus again after that, it's a new show tomorrow, and that makes me very happy.

No comments: