Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Aaaand...It All Falls Apart

My Wednesday plan?

HA!

That's enough about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~
For you to laugh like mad:

lolfirefly

For you to behave when Those People want to cancel your favorite show (or you're just afraid they might):

Emily Post's Guide to Save Our Show Campaigns


And for a fascinating and unique analysis of Those Who Read, check this out.

~~~~~~~~~
This person thinks it's a good thing that some idiot broke the law and the spirit of the event and posted photocopies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the Internet.

She (he? I forgot to pay attention) makes a valid point that the people who got spoiled went looking for the copies. BUT.

The reason I hate so much that it's "out there" is because of the potential for inadvertent spoilage. When ...Order of the Phoenix came out, someone posted on a reader's e-mail loop I was on that Sirius died. (Oh, come on, the book came out YEARS ago--not to mention the movie's release last week--and if you're a real fan you already know that. It doesn't count as a spoiler NOW.) She read the book in, like, a day. She TRIED to hide that line. But she made the font white, it didn't translate because everything got turned to plain text anyway (and still does half the time) and it was one line that was impossible not to read before you had any idea what was about to happen. It didn't ruin the book for me, but it sure changed the experience, and not for the better.

I was all prepared to stay off the Internet for a couple of weeks while I listen to the book on tape (which is much slower yet more savory than reading it). But do I have to start already?

If anyone spoils me on this book, heads will ROLL, I swear.

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

I plan to stay offline till I read it, too. I despise being spoiled.

Thanks for the lolfirefly link! That's great!