Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grumpy. And Stressed.

We won't talk about the grumpy. Suffice to say week 2 of the NFL was not as fun as week 1.

So let's talk about the stress. I can't stop thinking about my week:


Monday
Work 8:30 to 4:30.
Work the concession stand 5:15 to 8:00.
Number Two has soccer practice.

Tuesday
Work 8:30 to 5:00.
Number One has practice at 6:00.
Back to school night for Number Two is 6:45.

Wednesday
Number Two has practice.
Number One has a game, luckily at the same field.

Thursday
New dryer being delivered, god knows when, which may require canceling lunch plans.

Friday
May have to work double shift.
Running a writing blast (if not working) from 4-5:30.
Attend release party at The Romance Studio.

Saturday
Away game early, so no recovery time.

Sunday
Can sleep late, yay!
Soccer and hopefully better football. We're playing the Bills, so there's a good chance of that.
Release of Afterlife.

But you know what? That's a lot of stuff, yeah, but it's all regular, everyday activity. I came across the Speak Loudly campaign (for want of a better word) on Twitter, and that had the immediate and expected effect on my perspective.

Then I read about a blog acquaintance's health issues, and another blogger's father's ill health. Someone I know is starting her own fight against cancer, and a new acquaintance has a father whose life expectancy has suddenly become very short. So who the hell am I to complain about my little stresses?

I'm the one who always assures my friends that someone else's broken leg doesn't make your stubbed toe hurt any less, so I'm sure a few of them will come back at me with my own words. :) Still, I think I'll finish up here and go say some prayers for some people who really need it.

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Uusally all your posts somehow end on an upbeat. I can tell the stress monster caught you this week because you always make your hectic life sound like just another day in the person working three full time jobs.
Hope this week turns out better.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks, Sue! It's already been not as bad as predicted! :)