Sunday, September 12, 2010

Royal Trouble

I've posted before about my involvement with Orchid Games. I've been a beta tester, and one of my stories is in the FREE Heartwild Solitaire Classic.

But that's not what I'm blogging about today. Today, I'm blogging about Royal Trouble.



Royal Trouble is an adventure game, with an overall challenge, puzzles, funny and interesting characters, and ROMANCE! My good friend Misty Simon wrote the delightful dialogue.

I got to beta test this game, too, and here are my thoughts:

1. GORGEOUS. The artwork is just as beautiful (in a very different way) as all the Heartwild games.

2. Challenging, but not overly so. I had to stop a few times when I got stuck, but when I went back, I just searched with my cursor more carefully until I found the objects I needed. The puzzles are very fun and satisfying.

3. The game interaction was excellent. Granted, I played on my newer laptop, so I can't vouch for playing on older machines, but everything worked smoothly and fast.

4. It's a great value. It's definitely the kind of game that will suck you in and keep you playing until you force yourself to stop, but it doesn't go on forever. I don't think I finished most of the Hero's Quest/King's Quest games I started, and this one I did. And I look forward to playing again!

So if you're looking for a fun diversion this fall, try the demo!

Note: I have not been paid or asked to give an endorsement. I did get to play the game for no charge as a beta tester, but was not obligated to comment anywhere. I just really liked it! And needed a topic for today...

No comments: