Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stinkbug Nightmare

Woke up early this morning (too early, when I went to bed at 1:30!) to go to the bathroom. Came back, sat on the edge of the bed. Picked up my water glass, put my mouth on the rim, and tipped it to drink. Something brushed the bridge of my nose. It felt like a hair. Which was really weird. Dim in the room, and my eyesight sucks bigtime, so squinted at glass.

At the stinkbug walking along the edge of my glass.

As stinkbug horror stories go, I can never top Vicki Smith's. But the thought of what could have happened if the bug hadn't been on the other side of the glass will haunt me for the rest of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My grandfather called me this morning by accident. He said whenever he's always screwing up with technology. What's funny is that he told the phone to "Call Mary" and it called me instead. I'm 37 1/2 years younger than him, and *I* don't bother with voice recognition! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My recap of "Unforgiven" is up now on Supernatural Sisters Head over and let me know if you loved it as much as I did!

Plus...I just watched "Like a Virgin" again. The actress who played the sister of the woman taken out of the airplane looks like Amy Grabow, who played Becky in "Skin" in season 1. I can't find anything confirming this. Anyone else see it?

4 comments:

Shannon Stacey said...

I don't know what a stinkbug is. I don't want to know.

I also don't know what "Like A Virgin" is, either, other than a Madonna song, but it's not listed under Amy Grabow's film credits on imdb.com.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

http://bugguide.net/node/view/27856

I never heard of them until I lived in PA, and only in recent years, though the above site says they are throughout North America.

LOL "Like a Virgin" is an episode of Supernatural. The role was tiny, just about 2 minutes of screen time. They often take forever to get updated on imdb, if at all. It will take another obsessed fan to tell me if I'm right or not. :) Thanks for trying, though! I take back what I said about you on Twitter.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I envy Shannon. Where can I move to so I never see a stinkbug again. The warming weather promises more horror stories. I think SN should do a show on them. They're certain a foul minion from the other side here to torment us.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I would love to see SN attack stinkbugs. LOL They probably won't, though, as they did "Bugs" in season 1 and it was widely considered their worst episode ever. LOL

Fringe just did an episode with beetles. *shudder*