Saturday, August 04, 2007

Goals Progress, July

Whew, was July a hectic month. Probably a little too much going on, too many big events. Still, my goals didn't fare too badly:

Weight
I said I wasn't going to talk about this anymore, but I'm down 11 pounds. Not too bad for someone not trying nearly hard enough.

Exercise
Probably the most successful goal so far, and the most surprisingly so. My goal is 300 days of exercise. I'm at 187 and skipped 29. That means I have 113 to go and can skip 36 more, which is 7 a month maximum. I don't think I'll have any trouble meeting this goal.

Books
I read 12 books in July, in addition to 7 magazines and 3 critiques of varying lengths. And guess what? For the first time all year, I'm at my goal! I actually have a possibility of reading 115 books in a year. I have to keep up the pace, though. No slacking off, or I'll lose it again.

Writing
*sigh* I thought this was going to be the easiest one. But revisions are killing me. I have had a huge aversion to them, which translates to taking wayyyy too long to get them done, which has meant less writing all year than I planned. Plus, the current work in progress is not coming very fast or smoothly. So even with my copywriting work added in, I only had 24,362 words for July. I'm at 147,914 for the year, but I have 202,086 to go, which means almost 41,000 words a month from here on out. I'm not sure that's going to be possible, especially if I get the revisions of The Color of Courage done and it gets sold and needs more revisions.

But I'm not giving up!

Things I'm looking forward to in August:

The Bourne Supremacy (date night tonight!)
Vacation (Myrtle Beach)
Football preseason! (makes the very late start to the fall TV season less painful)
School starting (and me being alone to work)
Visiting my new nephew (and his parents) (only listed last because it's at the very end of the month)

So how are you doing, IF you set goals for the year?

No comments: