Thursday, August 19, 2010

Poor Kitty

I wonder how long cats' memories are.

BG, our youngest, most curious, most social cat just stood outside my office door and gave an inquiring cry. She's been wandering around kind of aimlessly, and I know why—the kids aren't here.

All summer, she's been going back and forth between their rooms, hanging out on their dressers and stools and beds. We've had a lot less Camp Nana this year, and she's always out of sorts when they're gone. She kept crying at us last night, too, like asking "Where the he** is Number Two? It's bedtime!"

We're a week away from the start of school, and we've had BG for three years now, so I know she'll adapt to the schedule. But always before, I've been home most of the day. If she wanted company, she'd come to my office. Now ALL of us will be gone.

Whatever will she do?

3 comments:

Cindy Procter-King said...

Poor kitty.

Mine is meowing now just to get me to chase her. It's annoying.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL But she must do it because she knows you will chase her! :)

Cindy Procter-King said...

Yeah, I chase her. And if I ever catch her, I will swat her!