Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Things I Did This Summer

I love when I get a blog idea from someone else. :)

Things I Did This Summer

1. Coached a 3v3 soccer team to a close final race (but no championship game).

2. Edited 3 client manuscripts.

3. Chauffeured my kids to and from strings camp and biology lab, and a few soccer practices.

4. Attended the Salute to Supernatural in New Jersey.

5. Hugged Matt Cohen.

6. Got a job.

7. Picked up an editing client.

8. Worked on at least three different books (of my own!) at different levels (final final critique/edit, new writing, revision) but finished nothing.

9. Submitted multiple projects to agents and editors.

10. Compiled 3 RWR columns.

11. Sold a novella:


12. Commissioned a book cover:


13. Entered the Twitterverse (@NJDamschroder)

14. Went to Hersheypark (twice, counting tomorrow) and finally rode the Fahrenheit.

15. Since I needed a #15, today I sold Fight or Flight to Carina Press! Stay tuned for more details!

8 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I love that list, especially #15! And wow, busy lady!

I'm watching Sarah Connor Chronicles on Netflix--I forgot where I left off so I'm starting from the beginning.

Shannon Stacey said...

Congratulations on your sale to Carina Press! It's a pretty awesome place to be!

Lisa Mondello said...

Well, #12 is near and dear to my heart since my daughter did the bookcover. But I'm totally thrilled about #15!! Congratulations!!

Cindy Procter-King said...

Wow, you're selling up a storm!!! Congratulations!

So far this summer I've:

- glommed Mad Men so I could start with the new season
- tried glomming Deadwood. Gave up.
- Began glomming Breaking Bad, but it's always out of the video store.
- Still revising an ST
- Doing edits on my next cindypk release

- painting, painting, and more painting. Right now I'm on a break.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Way to go, Superwoman, I mean, Natalie. Congratulations on that sale.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks, MJ! I loved that show, especially after Derek Reese showed up. Wowza!

Thanks, Shannon, I'm excited to be joining you all! :)

Your daughter rocks the casbah, Lisa! :) Thanks for everything!

Thanks, Cindy! I think you missed something on that list. Peru is kind of a huge "thing you did." :) Good luck with the revisions!

LOL, thanks, Sue! :)

Tracy Madison said...

Beautiful cover! And huge, huge congrats for your sale to Carina!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thank you, Tracy! :)